Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Design Trends 2009

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Dec 6, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

2. mike_watts

mike_watts Member

very interesting - thanks for posting that, I'm realising that my staple of reflections and glossy boxes is now so last year.

3. glenwheeler

I think the graident type glassy look has gone off a little now. I mean logo's such as the argos one etc have all gone flat coloured looking.

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I think it depends on the site more than anything and the way everything is put together. A site can look really flat sometimes if it doesn't have something. I'd say it's more about getting a balance, a little reflection/gloss etc can often enhance a site but if you were doing a site with gloss everywhere I'd say its a little old now.

5. glenwheeler

Yeh mate, I guess I can agree with that, however the glass effect trend has gone I think..

6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well those were the predictions for 2009... Now the question is whether or not they came true.
    I think that they more or less came true except for the so-called "media blocks"; I can't say I've seen a lot of those around. And I think the modal windows weren't really new in 2009, there were a lot of those in 2008 too.

It's a shame they didn't post predictions for 2010 :(

7. mike_watts

mike_watts Member

I've seen those quite a bit, especially if it's an explanation of software, google, apple they all use it, we even have a client that uses vids in their emails (20% click thro' rate as opposed to 1% click rate apparently too)