Web Design Trends 2009

very interesting - thanks for posting that, I'm realising that my staple of reflections and glossy boxes is now so last year.

I think the graident type glassy look has gone off a little now. I mean logo's such as the argos one etc have all gone flat coloured looking.

I think it depends on the site more than anything and the way everything is put together. A site can look really flat sometimes if it doesn't have something. I'd say it's more about getting a balance, a little reflection/gloss etc can often enhance a site but if you were doing a site with gloss everywhere I'd say its a little old now.

Levi said:
I think it depends on the site more than anything and the way everything is put together. A site can look really flat sometimes if it doesn't have something. I'd say it's more about getting a balance, a little reflection/gloss etc can often enhance a site but if you were doing a site with gloss everywhere I'd say its a little old now.

Yeh mate, I guess I can agree with that, however the glass effect trend has gone I think..

Well those were the predictions for 2009... Now the question is whether or not they came true.
I think that they more or less came true except for the so-called "media blocks"; I can't say I've seen a lot of those around. And I think the modal windows weren't really new in 2009, there were a lot of those in 2008 too.

It's a shame they didn't post predictions for 2010 :(

Onartis said:
...I think that they more or less came true except for the so-called "media blocks"; I can't say I've seen a lot of those around...

I've seen those quite a bit, especially if it's an explanation of software, google, apple they all use it, we even have a client that uses vids in their emails (20% click thro' rate as opposed to 1% click rate apparently too)

Back