Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web design quotations

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by co-net, Aug 31, 2008.

1. co-net

co-net New Member

Hi there all....I am still new to the forum and we are thinking of redoing our quotation's visual look. Does anyone have any reccomendations or samples of what looks good, and is easy for our customers to read?
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Hi there

What is it that you need exactly? Are you looking for a website designer as your thread title says "Web design quotations"?

3. co-net

co-net New Member

I do a quote just on word and put my logo on it. Kinda boring. So I was curious what everyone else out there does for their quotations? I was thinking of redoing it to have a nice visual look, and making sure its not too complicated for our customers.

Any examples or people tips on what they have learned over the years on whats good or bad on a quotation would be good advice.
  4. Stationery Direct

I think you hit the nail on the head, you need to keep quotes simple.

Our quote form consists of our logo at the top with contact details clearly displayed and then just the quote details below, nothing more.

We send ours as PDF's though not word documents.
  5. co-net

co-net New Member

Yeah I do the same.

Content on the left hand side, and prices on the right. Then my terms and conditions at the bottom.
  6. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I have a few design elements on my quote forms and invoices but nothing over the top.

Documents are Word files but I send out as PDF via e-mail. I only really send by post if requested from the client.

7. Stationery Direct

Looks good Col :icon_thumbup:
  8. Eagle

Eagle Member

I've never needed to use a hard copy quote.
  9. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I've had one or two clients INSIST I post out a quote!
  10. Eagle

Eagle Member

Can be done of course - just never been asked. :)
  11. stugster

stugster New Member

A hard copy quote?! Strange! I understand the need for a hard copy of the contract, or maybe even of the specifications... but for the quote? Weird :D

Eagle, hi:icon_wink:
  12. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

yeah, but some clients are just plain weird / old school.