Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch it Shred Logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by jHouse, Mar 18, 2009.

1. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

My redesign:

I used Impact and manually destroyed in Illustrator.

This is primarily going up on web banners.

Let me know your thoughts.
  2. a vast improvement on the original.. very "cutting edge" if you pardon the pun.
  3. matt

matt Member

4. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Some parts of the text are giving me the impression of "this was fixed; it's unnatural". In particular these underlined letters: Bits & Pieces
    My guess would be because some of those lines seem to be parallel or they line up too perfectly. Or am I just being silly?

But it's a massive improvement on the old logo (I'm trying to figure out the idea behind that one :p). Oh, should the SSI be something anyone could figure out?
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I've tried this sort of process before, and the best thing has always been a printer and a pair of scissors!

The lines get a little more un-even when you just hack at it. A million times better than the original!
  7. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

Of course its unnatural. They shred cars / torpedos / bowling bowls ANYTHING! haha.

SSI is just their name.
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

I think Onartis means the pieces that are flying out are bigger than the breaks/gaps left behind, so in that way could look a bit strange? Big improvement on original though, out of interest what is it the company/product actually does? I have an idea but just wanted to know for sure... :)
  9. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

They design and engineer shredding machines. You can shred...ANYTHING.

Check out their videos at: