Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warm eveining and clear skies

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Sunburn, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Well its been a warm evening here and the skies are also clear, so what better opportunity to take my new lens out for a spin.

Planning on doing some very low light photography, and such thought id get a little practise in, be sure to checkout the set on flickR

Facing Malvern & Malvern Hills from Pershore Worcestershire UK on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

PS. im an amateur photographer at best! with in interest in low light / landscape / astro-photography. who is hoping h'll get better :)

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Good pics :)
    Sadly can't give any advice on making them better, but I really like them either way :)

3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I like the pics of the trees with the stars showing in the background.
    Your low light snaps a working well, I like 'em...

With it being a cracking evening I took the dawg down to the Longsands at Tynemouth.

He's called ALFie.

Attached Files:

4. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

ha! hes a pooch and an half!! the warmer nights are great arnt they.

5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

nice pics Geoff, I would like to do some more low light shots myself, it's amazing the amount of light you can gain with a long exposure. There's some great scenery up near Malvern :up:

cool dog typo :D

6. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

cheers for the replies all, this is my first camera and have ony had it since june/jully last year, before that i had never used a camera other then a dispoable one for holidays snaps!! serious :) theres a lot of technical stuff to go through but think i have found my area of interest.

as for Malvern yes its beautiful, however im planning a little one night camping trip to another hill near where i live which doesn't get as many walkers or tourists, will be taking the tent and doing some dead of night photography.

should be good as thier is old ruins from a Iron Age fort, and a tower known locally as parsons foley, additionally the area was scene to a massacrer in Saxon times and is reportedly haunted. !!

7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

:eek: pack the oiuja board then!

this is a pretty good book, a bit old as it's written for film cameras, the basics are the same though, covers filters, exposures etc as well as different environments landscapes and architecture.

Night and Low-light Photography: The Complete Guide: Amazon.co.uk: Lee Frost: Books

8. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

cheers for that tom, will add to my pay-day wish list :)

9. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Nice photos. Did you use a tripod?

10. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hi Ally, yes, i used a tripod, just to put the shots into context, the hills which i was photographing where over 12 miles away from the camera!

11. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

just added a couple more from tonight's expedition to the local river!

12. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Took holidays today for the gadget how, had a nice bevvie out in the sun and then saw my god daughter dead warm also. Was a lovely day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk