Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual 360 - Best Photography seen for a while

Discussion in 'Photography' started by CSparkes, Oct 20, 2009.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

2. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

I never knew that type of photography existed.
    Impressive stuff!!
  3. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

That's awesome :up:
  4. dogthomson

dogthomson Junior Member

How on earth do they do that!?
  5. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

I didn't. We have been looking for some photographers for sports shooting and looking for ideas how we can shoot and came across this and was like HOW!! We have noticed on teh paragliding one he is missing an arm that has been photoshoped out so not wanting to show how its done!
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I've seen a video some time back that was similar to this, and the artist claimed that it was made up of only one shot... I'll try to find it back but it's been quite a while.
  8. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

I believe the way its done is like this...

Camera is facing straight up into sky, then a Mirror'd Cone is place so that the point of the cone is in the centre of the cameras lens then the photo is taken, this gives 360 degree photo with some slight distortion at the point closest and farthest points. you then simply load that image into an app and it corrects the angle to make it near spherical
  9. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

that sounds cool though...........................
  10. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

its a simple solution to a complex problem
  11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

woah, thats amazing! great stuff!
  12. Gaz

Gaz Member

Wicked site!
  13. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

14. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

15. PollyJazz

PollyJazz Junior Member

16. Mark Alexander

Mark Alexander Senior Member

As in interactive 360 video? Maybe you mean this?
  17. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

that's pretty much spot on, the same principle is used in making hdri images which I use for my renderings.

If you zoom out you can see the 'fisheye' distortion that it causes. You could also use a fisheye lens iirc but thats a bit harder to use and a lot more expensive.
  18. fdiola

fdiola Junior Member

One of the best photo gallery I have seen in the internet and it makes me wonder on how did they do that. I can basically stitch a 360 view but I can't seems to imagine taking actual actions and taking it virtually 360.
  19. You can purchase 360 lenses, coming from a photography background myself, you can add a reflective cone to inspire the 360 degree motion.

Like this one:
    Panoramic Imaging - 0-360 Single Shot Optic

However these a very high definition shots so likely to be a much much more expensive piece of kit as opposed to this cheaper £599 one

20. Ladybird

Ladybird Junior Member

I usually just stitch a lot of pics made with the help of tripod into a sole 360 degree photo, much cheeper)