Virtual 360 - Best Photography seen for a while

HippySunshine said:
I never knew that type of photography existed.
Impressive stuff!!
I didn't. We have been looking for some photographers for sports shooting and looking for ideas how we can shoot and came across this and was like HOW!! We have noticed on teh paragliding one he is missing an arm that has been photoshoped out so not wanting to show how its done!

I've seen a video some time back that was similar to this, and the artist claimed that it was made up of only one shot... I'll try to find it back but it's been quite a while.

I believe the way its done is like this...

Camera is facing straight up into sky, then a Mirror'd Cone is place so that the point of the cone is in the centre of the cameras lens then the photo is taken, this gives 360 degree photo with some slight distortion at the point closest and farthest points. you then simply load that image into an app and it corrects the angle to make it near spherical

Sunburn said:

Camera is facing straight up into sky, then a Mirror'd Cone is place so that the point of the cone is in the centre of the cameras lens then the photo is taken, this gives 360 degree photo with some slight distortion at the point closest and farthest points. you then simply load that image into an app and it corrects the angle to make it near spherical

that sounds cool though...........................

Onartis said:
I've seen a video some time back that was similar to this, and the artist claimed that it was made up of only one shot... I'll try to find it back but it's been quite a while.

As in interactive 360 video? Maybe you mean this?

Sunburn said:

that's pretty much spot on, the same principle is used in making hdri images which I use for my renderings.

If you zoom out you can see the 'fisheye' distortion that it causes. You could also use a fisheye lens iirc but thats a bit harder to use and a lot more expensive.

One of the best photo gallery I have seen in the internet and it makes me wonder on how did they do that. I can basically stitch a 360 view but I can't seems to imagine taking actual actions and taking it virtually 360.

I usually just stitch a lot of pics made with the help of tripod into a sole 360 degree photo, much cheeper)

Back