Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useful Software

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by si_p, Feb 7, 2013.

1. si_p

si_p Junior Member

I thought it might be good to share what little gems of software we use.
    Not the traditional ones, ie adobe etc... but the more obscure and small programs that may help people out in there day to day design days.
    The one I find really useful is Post Haste - a great program for making sure that all your projects are correctly structured and numbered up even before the project starts.
    Its great, if like me, you cover a range of disciplines as you can set up custom templates and folder structures for different projects.
    Have a look at it over here http://www.digitalrebellion.com/posthaste/
    So, over to you, what do you find really useful on a day to day basis.

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Never heard of Post Haste but it looks interesting!

I don't use anything out of the ordinary just yet. I think MailChimp are releasing their own email client soon, so I'll be giving that a whirl. There are loads of great apps and things that have came out lately, it's just my phone can't handle them anymore haha!
    I like the look of Coda 2 for coding up sites and things too, haven't tried it yet though.

3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Can't beat old VisualHub for a bit of simple video conversion. Shame it's not supported any more, anyone recommend a good replacement?

4. si_p

si_p Junior Member

What do you want to convert from and to?

5. berry

berry Active Member

Best useful software is the Brain. It's free and already downloaded..... and updates itself.

6. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

That depends on the person I think Berry.... I know and see a lot of people who have clearly disabled the auto update feature......!

7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

No, I'm pretty sure you need some manual data input to update the Brain... Eyes&Ears is a good add-on to speed up the process though.

8. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I've always used Freemake Video Convertor for that. Although it's only available for Windows.

For video playback, you can't beat VLC Media Player. I really hope they integrate BluRay capabilities soon!