Useful Software

si_p

I thought it might be good to share what little gems of software we use.
Not the traditional ones, ie adobe etc... but the more obscure and small programs that may help people out in there day to day design days.
The one I find really useful is Post Haste - a great program for making sure that all your projects are correctly structured and numbered up even before the project starts.
Its great, if like me, you cover a range of disciplines as you can set up custom templates and folder structures for different projects.
Have a look at it over here http://www.digitalrebellion.com/posthaste/
So, over to you, what do you find really useful on a day to day basis.

Never heard of Post Haste but it looks interesting!

I don't use anything out of the ordinary just yet. I think MailChimp are releasing their own email client soon, so I'll be giving that a whirl. There are loads of great apps and things that have came out lately, it's just my phone can't handle them anymore haha!
I like the look of Coda 2 for coding up sites and things too, haven't tried it yet though.

Can't beat old VisualHub for a bit of simple video conversion. Shame it's not supported any more, anyone recommend a good replacement?

Best useful software is the Brain. It's free and already downloaded..... and updates itself.

That depends on the person I think Berry.... I know and see a lot of people who have clearly disabled the auto update feature......!

Berry said:
Best useful software is the Brain. It's free and already downloaded..... and updates itself.
No, I'm pretty sure you need some manual data input to update the Brain... Eyes&Ears is a good add-on to speed up the process though.

Jimlad said:
Can't beat old VisualHub for a bit of simple video conversion. Shame it's not supported any more, anyone recommend a good replacement?
I've always used Freemake Video Convertor for that. Although it's only available for Windows.

For video playback, you can't beat VLC Media Player. I really hope they integrate BluRay capabilities soon!

Back