Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Type Lockup Issues

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Tony Hardy, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a rebrand for myself/Canny Creative for the past few days, and I've got a logo that I'm 70-75% happy and positive with.

However, I'm having a real issue with the typography. Everything I've tried just hasn't worked. I'm also not impressed with the overall footprint of the icon.

Has anyone got any thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Tony Hardy

Nevermind, think I'm changing the logo further. Will post again soon.

3. Tony Hardy

Here we go then, 3rd post in a row;

I was going for the angle of "using a great graphic designer/brand identity designer can increase your profits, raise more awareness of your brand and bring you more traffic and sales". So I was thinking down the bars and charts route, then, I misplaced the bars in Illustrator and they dropped above the V, inadvertently creating a pencil shape, which I liked.

Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Whenever I see bars like that at a glance I think music (graphic equalizer), also I think a pencil lends itself more to illustration maybe?

5. Tony Hardy

Yeah, I think you're right. I've worked on it a lot more since I posted that up, I'll post an update once I'm back from my meeting.

6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.