Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Type in Architecture

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Tom Sound, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Up in that London on Friday, watching the world go by sat in traffic I was reminded of the entrance and gates to the British Library....

[​IMG]

So I thought I'd start a thread about the use of typography in architecture, what have you got near you?

There's a lot of information here Public lettering (beta version) : British Library about stuff in London, including the British Library.

I also got excited by the work of Chris Labrooy, which you may have seen before>>

chris labrooy / design / 3d graphics

I'd like to live in a bauhaus :D

[​IMG]

2. Becky

Becky Member

What a great idea for a thread, I'll be sure to keep an eye out! It'd be like heaven to live in the 'Bauhaus' :(

Although I wonder how long it is before someone posts a picture of the Millennium Stadium :p

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I assume you mean millennium centre, not stadium :)
    [​IMG]

4. Becky

Becky Member

Same difference, I hate the place :p

5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Pfffft, :) totally different

6. Becky

Becky Member

Wales, ick!

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Becky, ick!

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Loving the 2nd one there greg, very nice indeed, I'd be forced to climb on them :(

10. Becky

Becky Member

subtle but nice, they're totally there for climbing on to pose for silly photos :D

11. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I read that earlier Greg, there's some nice examples on it. The Austrian company who did that one with the X have done some cool shizzle.

:D

12. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I remembered this stately home I saw last year with some cool castellated text on the roof line, in Latin I guess. Can't remember the name of the place. Think it was in Northamptonshire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some really nice stonework on the walls too

[​IMG]

13. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

14. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

15. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

16. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

17. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

And another library, the Kanzas city Library's carpark with it's giant book shelf

:up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics here>>>> Parking Garage on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

18. now that I like Tom :)

19. Nstocks

Nstocks Senior Member

On the 2nd link, there are many picture that have a feinted background to them. How can I do this in InDesign CS4 please? See Screenshot below. Note: This is not my Work.

I'm new !

Attached Files:

20. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

that gradient was probably done using an infinity wall (or opacity fade into the background) during the render of the image or while taking photograph. Can't tell too well from the image if its a render or a photo.