Type in Architecture

Tom Sound

Up in that London on Friday, watching the world go by sat in traffic I was reminded of the entrance and gates to the British Library....

_britlib.jpg

So I thought I'd start a thread about the use of typography in architecture, what have you got near you?

There's a lot of information here Public lettering (beta version) : British Library about stuff in London, including the British Library.

I also got excited by the work of Chris Labrooy, which you may have seen before>>

chris labrooy / design / 3d graphics

I'd like to live in a bauhaus :D

bauhaus1_950px.jpg

Tom Sound said:
Up in that London on Friday, watching the world go by sat in traffic I was reminded of the entrance and gates to the British Library....

So I thought I'd start a thread about the use of typography in architecture, what have you got near you?

There's a lot of information here Public lettering (beta version) : British Library about stuff in London, including the British Library.

I also got excited by the work of Chris Labrooy, which you may have seen before>>

chris labrooy / design / 3d graphics

I'd like to live in a bauhaus :D

bauhaus1_950px.jpg

What a great idea for a thread, I'll be sure to keep an eye out! It'd be like heaven to live in the 'Bauhaus' :(

Although I wonder how long it is before someone posts a picture of the Millennium Stadium :p

I read that earlier Greg, there's some nice examples on it. The Austrian company who did that one with the X have done some cool shizzle.

:D

I remembered this stately home I saw last year with some cool castellated text on the roof line, in Latin I guess. Can't remember the name of the place. Think it was in Northamptonshire.

buildingtext2.jpg

buildingtext.jpg

buildingtext4.jpg

Some really nice stonework on the walls too

buildingtext3.jpg

On the 2nd link, there are many picture that have a feinted background to them. How can I do this in InDesign CS4 please? See Screenshot below. Note: This is not my Work.

I'm new !

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-04 at 17.06.14.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-11-04 at 17.06.14.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 10
that gradient was probably done using an infinity wall (or opacity fade into the background) during the render of the image or while taking photograph. Can't tell too well from the image if its a render or a photo.

Back