The Great Debate - PC Vs Mac

yes because everyones vista loads up with errors, its his fault it did!

if it was there when he bought it, it is his fault he didnt get it fixed

if it was there after a while he caused it.

On my old PC I had 3 to 4 windows popping up on startup... Not sure what I did wrong though. I haven't changed my behavior after switching and I never get a popup on my mac unless it's for a software update ;)

I've started to use macs at college and to be honest do not really see the big fuss about them.

my pc at home runs just aswell if not better.

i think if you spend the same money on a pc you would normally spend on a mac you would get equally as good peformance.

haha nahh actually we're taught to respect our competitors, even the shiite ones.

i do like pcs, but only original ones *not lame half copies of macs* on xp.

programmer_remix.jpg

levi? :p

Sorry Tim, I've got glasses and short hair :p

And it should be I do CAD not programming :p

for the record I do build my own desktop rigs but that's due to me wanting certain hardware (and sff - mac mini doesn't cut it by a long way), brands I trust and also so I know it will work right when I start using it! It's not always cheaper than buying say a dell but for my needs it is cheaper than the options from Apple plus my main software is windows only. Add to that I'm a tightwad and I'm not prepared to pay a £1500 premium on gpu just because its the cheapest available when one at around a third the price gives pretty much the same performance in my software.

I'm not bothered by a little light hearted mickey taking, life would be so boring if it was all taken seriously :)

I'd actually say the making the pc line would be better suited to the gamers out there as I would bet 90% of the hardcore gamers actually build their own. And of course that means you can stick it in your sig on a forum :)

Don't get me started on Vista! It was killing my laptop!! Finally got round to installing XP on my old lappy... and it freed up about 3GB!?!?!?!!??! What the heck?!

But for me... It's a Mac any day. They're beautifully designed, operate effortlessly and I prefer the software on there.

Now I'm no designer but isn't Windows AI and AP pretty good??? Windows isn't that bad. There's advantages of having both... I don't even want to think of how many computers we currently have in this house!! (Husband is a web/software developer!!)

CreativeBoom said:
Don't get me started on Vista! It was killing my laptop!! Finally got round to installing XP on my old lappy... and it freed up about 3GB!?!?!?!!??! What the heck?!
another person who doesn't understand the way vista works, it cache's the most commonly used programs in your ram so they run/load quicker, the os works differently to windows xp, the ram is still there and is available if needed by a program

i dont understand the way vista works?

nor do i care.

personal preference whether that stuff floats your boat or not.

tim said:
i still dont understand
vista and windows 7 (and snow leopard to the best of my knowledge) uses the spare ram on your system to hold a cached image of the programs you use the most often, this allows them to be loaded quicker etc.
The ram taken up by the cached image (around 2GB on my system) is still accessible by the rest of the os and its programs, its just replaced by data from the open programs if needed. I've been hitting my systems 4GB limit of late when using just one program, it's using 3.5GB of ram which means vista has only 0.5GB left over.

Basically high ram usage by 'vista' isn't an issue as its part of the way its designed to work, xp didn't work this way and as such it will register less ram in use when nothing is open.

I own both a MacBook and a PC.

My PC is far better than any mac for what I use it for, gaming.
I am an avid computer gamer and therefore a PC is better at this than a mac, not to mention cheaper.

However I do love OSX, which is the reason I have a mac laptop.

Back