Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical question.....importing!

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Artyfart, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Artyfart

Artyfart Member

Hi all trust you're all well

I've recently gone from Quark to Indesign (finding it difficult aren't I Boss?? :icon_blushing:) I last did all this stuff around 7-8 years ago or so and I'm verrrry rusty! Annoying the hell out of poor Boss I'm sure! (Sorry) but anyhoo...I have tried to import a graphic from illustrator into Indesign with bleed etc and for some reason the size changes when I get into Indesign. Document has an image that is 5mm from the cut line as specified but when it's imported it's only 3mm from the edge!? I flatten it etc and it looks fine in Illustrator but then changes when it gets into Indesign.

I am feeling a little dejected at the moment....trying to get up and running as a freelancer using all the latest packages and finding the transition to 'present day' rather hard....give up me thinks? I'm not giving up that easily! I last did this using Font Includer my God how things have changed! :icon_frown:

I am getting there...slowly!
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Not at all :icon_smile: ...although I trust you have now sorted this as the artwork supplied was fine.
  3. Artyfart

Artyfart Member

Aww you are sweet honestly! I was half expecting an email saying thanks but no thanks! lol Err and no not sorted, I had to do the whole thing in illustrator, everytime I imported it the dimensions changed God knows why!? I checked units and the like and all's well so I'm stumped. I think there may be something wrong with my Indesign as it does do some weird stuff, closing abruptly etc Oh well.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012