Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T shirt quality?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Jspam1, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

Hi guys,

I currently have a little side project of mine selling printed t shirts I designed. They are made in the USA and printed in London as I wanted to avoid importing T shirts made from cheap labour and poor quality. On wednesday I rented out a stall and got talking to a guy who's aiming to be a fashion designer, he was basically saying, eff the quality and get the cheap stuff (made in China etc).
    I wanted to know if the quality and where its made from really bother you guys?

let me know what you think

Josh

2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Personally, where it's made isn't as important to me as quality. If a top is good quality I'll happliy pay for that quality.

With such a poor outlook on his profession I'd suggest that the wannabe fashon designer is going to have a very short career!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  3. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

Yeah the shirts I get are really good quality, and the fact they all get paid a good wage with commission as well would be a good way to go.

Yeah, I said I wanted to be known for using proper workers as opposed to cheap child labour.

4. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Yeh defo on the quality. I'd agree with the above.

5. nylelevi

nylelevi New Member

Jspam, I would also like to start selling some designs on T-shirts but Im having a hard time finding a reasonably priced printer. Would you mind sharing what company you use? Thanks

6. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

hello where abouts are you based?

7. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

thats handy then, the quality on mine is pretty good!

8. nylelevi

nylelevi New Member

Im based in Kent, UK so not far from London

9. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

wicked what is it your looking for, type of print?

10. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

and will you be buying bulk?

11. nylelevi

nylelevi New Member

Initially I would like to test the waters so at least the first run will be in small amounts. If I tell you that most of the designs will have photographic or illustration elements in them (alot of colours etc) that wouldnt be suitable for screenprinting, maybe you can suggest another printing method that would work for me? Thanks

12. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

the smaller the amount in bulk will cost quite a bit (depending what you ask for) I use to DTG for mine. I use a place called "garment printing". If you email them asking what you're looking for they respond quickly and are helpful. Tell them Josh recommended them to you

nylelevi likes this.
  13. nylelevi

nylelevi New Member

Okay thanks for that, Ill send them a message!

14. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

ley me know how you get on and that and may be show me how you're designs come out :)

15. cpking

cpking Member

If the quality of your product is good then you will get larger sell its not matter from where you made that.

16. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

Brilliant. I made sure the quality of mine were pretty good for this reason. Didn't want no come backs

17. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Unless you're selling knock off shirts outside concerts then I'd get some decent quality T's.

One of my first jobs was printing t-shirts and some of them aren't good enough to use as rags.
    Quite literally! I remember bringing some seconds home and you could put your hand through them.

If you want repeat custom, go for quality.

18. Jspam1

Jspam1 Member

bloody hell thats not good. Yeah deffo paid more for the higher quality, so hopefully it was all worth it

scotty likes this.
  19. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

It will be. :D
    You can get some pretty good quality ones at decent prices.

I remember the dodgy 'knock off' shirts I brought home.
    My Dad tried using them as rags for the car cut they pretty much fell apart in his hands. o_O