T shirt quality?

Jspam1

Hi guys,

I currently have a little side project of mine selling printed t shirts I designed. They are made in the USA and printed in London as I wanted to avoid importing T shirts made from cheap labour and poor quality. On wednesday I rented out a stall and got talking to a guy who's aiming to be a fashion designer, he was basically saying, eff the quality and get the cheap stuff (made in China etc).
I wanted to know if the quality and where its made from really bother you guys?

let me know what you think

Josh

Personally, where it's made isn't as important to me as quality. If a top is good quality I'll happliy pay for that quality.

With such a poor outlook on his profession I'd suggest that the wannabe fashon designer is going to have a very short career!

Last edited:
Yeah the shirts I get are really good quality, and the fact they all get paid a good wage with commission as well would be a good way to go.

Yeah, I said I wanted to be known for using proper workers as opposed to cheap child labour.

Jspam, I would also like to start selling some designs on T-shirts but Im having a hard time finding a reasonably priced printer. Would you mind sharing what company you use? Thanks

Initially I would like to test the waters so at least the first run will be in small amounts. If I tell you that most of the designs will have photographic or illustration elements in them (alot of colours etc) that wouldnt be suitable for screenprinting, maybe you can suggest another printing method that would work for me? Thanks

the smaller the amount in bulk will cost quite a bit (depending what you ask for) I use to DTG for mine. I use a place called "garment printing". If you email them asking what you're looking for they respond quickly and are helpful. Tell them Josh recommended them to you

If the quality of your product is good then you will get larger sell its not matter from where you made that.

Unless you're selling knock off shirts outside concerts then I'd get some decent quality T's.

One of my first jobs was printing t-shirts and some of them aren't good enough to use as rags.
Quite literally! I remember bringing some seconds home and you could put your hand through them.

If you want repeat custom, go for quality.

Unless you're selling knock off shirts outside concerts then I'd get some decent quality T's.

One of my first jobs was printing t-shirts and some of them aren't good enough to use as rags.
Quite literally! I remember bringing some seconds home and you could put your hand through them.

If you want repeat custom, go for quality.
bloody hell thats not good. Yeah deffo paid more for the higher quality, so hopefully it was all worth it

bloody hell thats not good. Yeah deffo paid more for the higher quality, so hopefully it was all worth it

It will be. :D
You can get some pretty good quality ones at decent prices.

I remember the dodgy 'knock off' shirts I brought home.
My Dad tried using them as rags for the car cut they pretty much fell apart in his hands. o_O

Despite the obvious fact that this thread is old, I thought I could share some thoughts when it comes to t-shirt quality. I have some experience when it comes to buying plain t-shirts for printing. I like to play it safe, so when it comes to plain t-shirts I use either Glidan or Fruit of the Loom. These are two big brands when it comes to plain t-shirts for print purposes. Also, it should be mentioned that there is a reason why t-shirt printing businesses offer plain t-shirts from this brand. Now I might be obsessed with playing it safe, at the expense of ignoring other t-shirt brands, but so far I have not had any complaints from customers who have been supplied with t-shirts from these brands.

If anyone here has suggestions of other good brands for t-shirt printing purposes, share it here.

Back