Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T-shirt printing

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by shorefire, May 15, 2009.

1. shorefire

shorefire Junior Member

Can anyone recommend a company that can print one-off t-shirt designs?

Preferably on a t shirt with a "fashionable" fit rather than the basic fruit of the loom baggy number most companies seem to offer.

I went shopping at lunchtime for t-shirts for my holiday. I saw nothing I remotely liked so had the idea of designing my own! Not got any specific designs in mind yet, thought I'd look into the printing first.

2. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

Continental Clothing -

You will get a good fit, good quality tees(black is very good but white is not thick enough)
    pre-shrunk and your design will not come off if done properlly

let me know what you think...............also request a free sample or you can see how it feel at a good printing studio/office (they always have samples on show)

3. tim

tim Senior Member

Keep us updated with some designs? It'd be cool to see how this develops :)

4. jesseeka4510

jesseeka4510 Junior Member

I think you should create a logo first for your t-shirt line. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to have some designs produced for my clothing line.

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

one off is such a mine field depending on what process they do! If it aint screened it probably wont look the best, but then that costs £££!

As tim said, keep us up to date!

6. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

7. tim

tim Senior Member

nice link :)

8. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Most print shops will do a tshirt for you and they'll happily print on a tshirt that you've bought yourself. In other words, find the tshirt you like, give it to them with your artwork and voila.

I got a tshirt printed a few weeks ago at a print shop for £11, plus £6 for the tshirt.

9. geeellpee

geeellpee Junior Member

I see you're in Hastings - try visiting ErisApple — Home they've got a shop there!

Depends what kind of design you want printed 'cos it's not screened stuff but it's pretty good!!

10. richimgd

richimgd Member

What type of printing do you guys get for just a one off print? I did print a one off tshirt before which was done using the DTG process which worked out around £10-15 for a one off.

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Now that's value!

Ive been thinking about doing this too, most t-shirts I see in the shops are a bit... Blah. So many meaningless designs going around these days!

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

14. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Oooooh thanks for the recommendation, i'm looking to get some T-shirts printed up soon as a one off, these people look spot on

Have you ordered from them before? Is the print good on them?

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I've got stuff they've printed, its a very different print to standard plastisol and discharge inks, but its is good.

The best thing about it is that you are not limited by colour counts like you are with screen printing. It basically a big CMYK printer, so some colours aren't as vibrant as they could be, but its not a million miles away from the normal CMYK process.