structural engineering website - please provide critique

lubos1984

hey guys hoping i can get some feedback on my site. I provide structural engineering services in the Toronto area and am wondering what your opinion on what i currently have is ? should i provide more information on the main page ? is it too much or too little info ? are pictures ok ? any feedback is appreciated! thank you so much for your time! website link below.

www.stepconengineering.com

I'm guessing you're (I'm assuming you're Lubomir Stepus) incredibly proud of that patch of hair on your head, it's all you can see in the photo when you scroll down the page, at least on my pc anyway. I'm allowed to joke about this, I have no hair on my head :p

There's some sort of scaling/fit issue with your image because the image is clearly supposed to be more than just the top of your head.

You seem to duplicate a lot of what's on the home page on the about us, services and contact pages.... being identical like it is could actually hurt your seo. It kind of feels like your home page is a 1 page website that you've then split up into the other pages without changing anything... basically your layout and content needs to be reworked if you're going for a multi page website.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-22 225014.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 225014.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm guessing you're (I'm assuming you're Lubomir Stepus) incredibly proud of that patch of hair on your head, it's all you can see in the photo when you scroll down the page, at least on my pc anyway. I'm allowed to joke about this, I have no hair on my head :p

There's some sort of scaling/fit issue with your image because the image is clearly supposed to be more than just the top of your head.

You seem to duplicate a lot of what's on the home page on the about us, services and contact pages.... being identical like it is could actually hurt your seo. It kind of feels like your home page is a 1 page website that you've then split up into the other pages without changing anything... basically your layout and content needs to be reworked if you're going for a multi page website.

Image seems to be fixed to me.

When I scroll down the menu bar at the top disappears - I think it would be nice if that stayed at the top as you scroll.

My problem is it doesn't excite me. What I'd like to see when I land on the page is what you do. What am I interested in getting in contact with you today about.
Opening the page to a wooden structure - looks like a borefest to me.
But then I scroll down and I see your services.
I think the services section should be higher up - prominent when you open the page.

I'd think about putting the services in a 2 x 2 - and put the contact us a sidebearing.
When it goes to the repsonsive state ( 1 x 1) - then maybe Contact us button under each section

About Us should be last maybe on the list and at the end of the website.

Then it looks like you have a lot of pictures that you've personally done - looks great.
Then gets to the Contact Us and Inspection Certs section and you're using a Stock image?

It would be far better to take the photos or use photos you have - if that's your building, or you standing in front of your branded van, or just you even talking on your phone, or sitting at your computer - holding a cert - handing a cert to a client (if you have to hire someone to hand it to).

The personal images are great, no need for stock.

Finally - you need a section for before and after images.

Just think it's a little sparse.

Well, who knew there was another Whitby!

Where's the team?! There's a lot of 'we' mentioned, so I would want to see a few photos of you and your team at work or in front of branded vans etc. Less stock photos
and lots more of your own jobs. Even the photo of you looks a bit too 'casual labourer' for me. Hard hats, high vis etc.

I've not read through everything but I still spotted 2 or 3 typos.

Looks professional enough to me. If you have done this yourself then it's a decent attempt, the overall look would certainly give me enough confidence to contact you (not read any of the content mind)

Back