Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sources of Inspiration

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by eneyekay, Apr 21, 2009.

1. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

aiight guys,

just wondering if there are any good design blogs out there on the interwebs which you use for a source of inspiration? I'm looking for something that is updated constantly with new cutting edge design... I'm currently following McFaul Studio Blog ... i'm currently working on a load of brading stuff for the company i work for, and need some ideas for flyers and other promotional material.

cheers in advance!
  2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Do you use Netvibes?
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

4. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

I don't... never heard of it, but I just googled it. Looks like a nice app to keep a load of separate sites in one place, but still looks a bit messy to me... I think I'm after some kinda wordpress blog type place updated by a community of users... but not like deviant art, which seems to be 90% rubbish.
  5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Dirty Mouse is a good one to check out with contributions from various designers/design sources - Dirty Mouse :)
  6. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Well for starters: Harry Roberts - Web Developer
  7. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

there's some really nice stuff up via the links you guys posted which has definitely helped... seems like design is going in the direction of hand drawn graphics with nice imagery and font choices... looks like people are trying to deviate from the typical romantica vector flourishes that are all over the industry right now... i'm in a place right now that isn't a strict design studio, and mainly deals with supplied artwork... it's going slow right now and i've not been given much to work with as of yet wrt to projects i've handled... but then i've only been here a month so far... so i'm trying to come up with some good promotional material/punchy artwork to advertise my services as a part of the company.

it's hard sometimes when it's just me.
  8. I know that feeling Nik.. being the only Graphic Designer in a company can suck sometimes :(
  9. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're after but I regularly look at NotCot's RSS feed, quite a bit of random goodness in there.

10. that Notcot site is pretty damned funky :D
  11. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

^^^that's exactly what i was after :D
  12. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Glad you like it, I used to look af FFFFFound but they seem to love borderline images of women.
  13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

14. rrrrryan

rrrrryan Junior Member

15. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

that Gallows poster is amazing. I remember the old screen printing days back in GCSE, A-Level and then at college... we never produced anything as good as that though :p
  16. eneyekay

eneyekay Member

17. interacted

interacted Junior Member

Thanks from me too, filling up my bookmarks right now!