Sources of Inspiration

eneyekay

aiight guys,

just wondering if there are any good design blogs out there on the interwebs which you use for a source of inspiration? I'm looking for something that is updated constantly with new cutting edge design... I'm currently following McFaul Studio Blog ... i'm currently working on a load of brading stuff for the company i work for, and need some ideas for flyers and other promotional material.

waddayareckon?

cheers in advance!

Harry said:
Do you use Netvibes?

I don't... never heard of it, but I just googled it. Looks like a nice app to keep a load of separate sites in one place, but still looks a bit messy to me... I think I'm after some kinda wordpress blog type place updated by a community of users... but not like deviant art, which seems to be 90% rubbish.

Nik said:
I don't... never heard of it, but I just googled it. Looks like a nice app to keep a load of separate sites in one place, but still looks a bit messy to me... I think I'm after some kinda wordpress blog type place updated by a community of users... but not like deviant art, which seems to be 90% rubbish.

Well for starters: Harry Roberts - Web Developer

there's some really nice stuff up via the links you guys posted which has definitely helped... seems like design is going in the direction of hand drawn graphics with nice imagery and font choices... looks like people are trying to deviate from the typical romantica vector flourishes that are all over the industry right now... i'm in a place right now that isn't a strict design studio, and mainly deals with supplied artwork... it's going slow right now and i've not been given much to work with as of yet wrt to projects i've handled... but then i've only been here a month so far... so i'm trying to come up with some good promotional material/punchy artwork to advertise my services as a part of the company.

it's hard sometimes when it's just me.

I know that feeling Nik.. being the only Graphic Designer in a company can suck sometimes :(

Back