Something is missing?

David Neil

Hi Guys 'n' Gals,

I've just set myself up doing freelance graphics and web design and I'm looking to get some comments on my website. Every time I go to the home page I feel something is missing?

Take a look at www.dn-creative.com and please be honest, I can take it:icon_biggrin:

Just a very quick look - what about a phone number or 'call to action' on the home page. People like it tobe easy to find how to contact you. My contact number is on every page on my website.

It leaves me with a paradoxical impression of being too spaced out and at the same time a bit crammed... something to do with the way you're using (or not using) the white space, I reckon.

It's not immediately obvious what it is you're providing. Consider having your portfolio of work as the index page, so it's the first thing people see. As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words, so show them what you can do as soon as they land on your page.

Also, I'm not personally a fan of any site that's left aligned but I just like everything to be central :)

Personally, that white space on the right doesn't offend me.

I think the spidery logo coming down the left (which is awesome by the way) could be moved up, thus allowing your navigation to move up, then allowing you to fit your 'call to arms' so to speak into that bar too. That would look pretty tidy.

It isn't immediately noticeable what you do, so about utilising that white space, how about 3 thumbnail images going down vertically, or just one and a description of like 'featured' or 'newest' work or something.

Also, I only had a quick look but I didn't notice your social media contacts on there?

Back