Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Legal Advice Please

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Kreatif, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Kreatif

Kreatif Member

I have a question that maybe someone knows a bit about

I designed a brochure for a web designer in exchange for a site( a gentleman's agreement as such)
    He never actually completed my site and never got around to give me all the details for his brochure so neither of us has really completed our agreement

We now however had a dissagreement regarding another job which he has been paid for but not completed.So because of bad customer service I ended our working relationship.

He has now rejected my brochure artwork that I supplied to him and sent me an invoice for the full amount on an incompleted site.

My question is whether this is legal to do and what further action I can take

I know its a tough one but maybe someone can help.
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

So he rejected the brochure which was the one designed for as part of the gentleman's agreement?...and now invoiced you for the website that he designed in return?

Reject the website that he designed and invoice him for the full amount on the incompleted brochure.
  3. Kreatif

Kreatif Member

Hi Boss Hog

i actually did the layout design on the site he just did some coding really
  4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Basic contract law.

The third party must prove that you have agreed to the terms of the contract - to establish that you are liable for his invoice.

Reply (if that is your view) that you are not liable and will not be paying.

If this goes to court - reply at every opportunity making clear that you have not entered into a contract.

It's all about 'Intention to create legal relations' and the third party proving this.

Best wishes