Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So you've sold your first logo.

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by TheNoone, Jul 3, 2010.

1. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Well i've just sold my first logo, first of many i hope.

The client is very happy with it, which made my day.

It may sound stupid, but what formats should be sent, and how.
    Like if i send a jpeg, do i leave a background etc?

I'd appreciate some help from some of you logo masters out there.

2. Just a quick post, and I will post again hopefully when I am a little more awake.

Did you create it in a vector format? (Illustrator / Photoshop) you won't be able to have a transparent background on a jpg file. Generally, I would send over an eps along with jpg's... This will allow them to take their logo to a printer and have it resized by them and printed on marketing material etc.

Sizes, generally I would send over the largest size possible at a high res, then ask them for the sizes that they may require.

Do we get to see the logo? Let me know if you need anything else, and I am sure there are some more experienced print designers that might be able to help some more :)
  3. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Yes, it's all in vector format, wouldnt dream of doing a logo in photoshop!

I'm away from my computer so i only have the mock-up i previously uploaded.
    I'll post the completed version later.

Thanks for the help.

4. No problem Kyle,

I assume that's the logo above... I like it. My only concern is that the wording could be a little bigger for that size of font. Just my thoughts though. :)

Take care,
  5. JonHurley

JonHurley New Member

As it is a simple logo without transparency or complex shading I would save it as an Illustrator EPS file. For maximum compatibility save it as a legacy version say Illustrator 8 (assuming you used Illustrator to create it of course).

Also I would supply 2 versions, one for spot colours (ie Pantone) and one for CMYK printing.

As well as that supply a RGB jpeg or PNG at a reasonable resolution for online reporoduction.

Hope this helps.
  6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member