Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Showcasing work

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by VictoriaONeill, Dec 20, 2010.

1. VictoriaONeill

VictoriaONeill New Member

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I have a few questions to ask with regards to showcasing work.....

If I want to showcase my portfolio on my website, am I able to do this without asking the client for permission? A few clients I work in-house for and I wondered if I am able to show some of this work on my website or do you have to always ask for permission?

Vicky

2. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I haven't specifically asked permission for the majority of my portfolio work, more recently I've put into any agreement that I'll retain permission to use it for portfolio work but I haven't for a lot of them.

If they really had a problem with it then I am sure they would ask you to remove it, but I can't imagine most people would.

3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I think it's a general courtesy to ask first - and see if you can get a testimonial to publish alongside while you're at it.

4. VictoriaONeill

VictoriaONeill New Member

Thank you guy's that is really helpful! Maybe I will email my clients and just let them know what I am doing and this will give them the option of letting me know if they have any problems with it!

Thank you!!