Showcasing work

VictoriaONeill

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I have a few questions to ask with regards to showcasing work.....

If I want to showcase my portfolio on my website, am I able to do this without asking the client for permission? A few clients I work in-house for and I wondered if I am able to show some of this work on my website or do you have to always ask for permission?

Vicky

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I have a few questions to ask with regards to showcasing work.....

If I want to showcase my portfolio on my website, am I able to do this without asking the client for permission? A few clients I work in-house for and I wondered if I am able to show some of this work on my website or do you have to always ask for permission?

Vicky

I haven't specifically asked permission for the majority of my portfolio work, more recently I've put into any agreement that I'll retain permission to use it for portfolio work but I haven't for a lot of them.

If they really had a problem with it then I am sure they would ask you to remove it, but I can't imagine most people would.

I think it's a general courtesy to ask first - and see if you can get a testimonial to publish alongside while you're at it.

Thank you guy's that is really helpful! Maybe I will email my clients and just let them know what I am doing and this will give them the option of letting me know if they have any problems with it!

Thank you!!

Back