Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rio 2016 logo...

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by @GCarlD, Aug 6, 2016.

1. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

A bit late I know but...

Rio2016.jpg

I don't like it. Is it me, or is it overly phallic?

Maybe I just don't 'get it'...

What are your thoughts?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

probably but then it is rio..... they are known for their festival that uses very little clothing...

@GCarlD likes this.
  3. @GCarlD

It is also reminiscent of a baby's dummy

4. Deepak

Deepak New Member

Actually Rio Olympics logo was created by brazilian company Tátil Design. Basically the idea behind the logo was also to depict the Rio de Janeiro. which is surrounded by mountains.

[​IMG]

If you are interested for full story you can read it here > How The 2016 Olympic Logo and Font were Created

5. Vanessa

Vanessa Member

Does seem a weird shape, only makes sense after seeing on the mountains! Ah, the luxury of having people write articles to explain what the ideas mean...!!

Better than the 2012 one though I'd say! But yea, I'd have said dummy too

@GCarlD likes this.
  6. @GCarlD

Exactly! I cannot fully accept that either, as that is not the shape of the mountain haha. I accept that they were inspired by the mountains.

At least the 2012 logo didn't need a whole article to explain the design, the design itself was pretty self-explanatory; but then maybe it's because I'm a Londoner... Design should not need an interpreter or an explanation, that is going into the subjective realms of art.

7. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Last time I saw this logo it was accused of being plagiarised. Same thing happened with the Tokyo one. Designing an Olympic logo must be more hassle than it's worth.