Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesigned portfolio site

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by chrismitchell, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Those not following me on Twitter, just thought i would see what people thought of my revised portfolio site:

Widdlerswee Creative

comments and suggestions welcome.

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you've got a mix of I and we in there, pick one or the other :)

twitter link needs to be defined more, I wouldn't know what it is without clicking it

And if I'm completely honest, it's kind of a bit dull/lacking compared with the ones being shown in the slideshow.

3. well its a start .. still working on it.

thanks for looking at it Levi.

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

The menu is overlapping slightly in chrome, and I think it could do with a stronger branding. The focus on loading Free Quotes, who are you Alexander Orlov?

Attached Files:

5. thanks for that Mike, i'll look into that today, its really a work in progress. But i preferred it to my other version which is nice.

The Free Quotes things was just something funny really... Also a bit of a splash of colour.

6. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I'd agree with Mike, a larger/more prominent logo I like your logo but it looks a bit lost on the background at the mo. Compared with some of the sites in your portfolio where the company ID is obvious.

:up:

7. Hmmm thanks for that Tom.. I will look into making my logo larger.. it does seem a little bit lost.

8. Northy

Northy Junior Member

Hey Chris.

I agree with the other about the logo - I like it. It reminds me of the one for finch (getfinch dot com) He has a cool site - worth nicking some ideas from...

Your screen grabs look a bit pixelated - maybe up the jpg quality?

I like the background but I reckon it might look tighter if you put a gradient fill on it too, perhaps lighter to darker vertically? That might make it feel 'richer'?

I think you need to have a look at the content on the pages though - it all looks a bit empty? also, is it worth having the examples on every page like that? would it not be better to have a 'my work' section with them in and perhaps some smaller images as calls to action into that section?

Hope that helps.

9. yeah I was thinking of developing that sort of thing... its just a start to be honest.

thanks for looking at it Northy.

What I really want to be able to do is create a gradient from behind the logo which would go out from there.. but thats a bit more difficult ... especially when I don't want to use massive background images.

I have increased the logo size.

Now to work on the different portfolio work stuff for the pages and some other bits.