Redesigned portfolio site

C

chrismitchell

Those not following me on Twitter, just thought i would see what people thought of my revised portfolio site:

Widdlerswee Creative

comments and suggestions welcome.

you've got a mix of I and we in there, pick one or the other :)

twitter link needs to be defined more, I wouldn't know what it is without clicking it

And if I'm completely honest, it's kind of a bit dull/lacking compared with the ones being shown in the slideshow.

well its a start .. still working on it.

thanks for looking at it Levi.

The menu is overlapping slightly in chrome, and I think it could do with a stronger branding. The focus on loading Free Quotes, who are you Alexander Orlov?

Attachments

• Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 9
thanks for that Mike, i'll look into that today, its really a work in progress. But i preferred it to my other version which is nice.

The Free Quotes things was just something funny really... Also a bit of a splash of colour.

I'd agree with Mike, a larger/more prominent logo I like your logo but it looks a bit lost on the background at the mo. Compared with some of the sites in your portfolio where the company ID is obvious.

:up:

Hmmm thanks for that Tom.. I will look into making my logo larger.. it does seem a little bit lost.

Hey Chris.

I agree with the other about the logo - I like it. It reminds me of the one for finch (getfinch dot com) He has a cool site - worth nicking some ideas from...

Your screen grabs look a bit pixelated - maybe up the jpg quality?

I like the background but I reckon it might look tighter if you put a gradient fill on it too, perhaps lighter to darker vertically? That might make it feel 'richer'?

I think you need to have a look at the content on the pages though - it all looks a bit empty? also, is it worth having the examples on every page like that? would it not be better to have a 'my work' section with them in and perhaps some smaller images as calls to action into that section?

Hope that helps.

yeah I was thinking of developing that sort of thing... its just a start to be honest.

thanks for looking at it Northy.

What I really want to be able to do is create a gradient from behind the logo which would go out from there.. but thats a bit more difficult ... especially when I don't want to use massive background images.

I have increased the logo size.

Now to work on the different portfolio work stuff for the pages and some other bits.

Back