Really nice minimalist design

Good stuff. Interesting how the designs often look better when stripped back - Durex and Red Bull in particular. Similar, in a way, to Waitrose own brand packaging. I do like the way Waitrose has embraced good design on their own products.

Attachments

• waitrose-honey.jpg
    waitrose-honey.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 7
  • waitrose-onions.jpg
    waitrose-onions.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 8
Did no-one reply to this in three weeks? I meant to but I was at work when I first read this thread.
I really like the simpler designs. I almost bought a pack of Country Crisp the other day simply because of it's (relatively) minimalist design on the box!

productMainImage.jpg

Im actually a very big fan of this.

Such a fan infact, that Ive 1. tried my own quick one (dipped out on the top label though!) and 2. think this should be a comp on DF at some point!

Attachments

• ketchup.jpg
    ketchup.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 11
The Jordan's packaging is great, but yes I think that the stenciled logo looks a little militaristic although, having said that, it could just as easily be the kind of type you'd find stamped on the the side of a wooden goods crate. Rustic.

The Ketchup is nice as well. The ketchup bottle is iconic.

I was once perusing the Landor website and came across shots of either Miller or Coors (I forget which) packaging that they'd designed - sumptuously shot, beads of condensation trickling down the frosted glass. I liked it so much that on the way home I stopped to buy a four-pack! As a consumer I've always been susceptible to good packaging.

im also be one to buy something for its packaging - there's various alcoholic spirits that I want to try just because the bottles are pieces of beauty - and that's just the start!

So then Greg, what about this comp idea? ;)

Hi Phil,

I'm not too sure if it would allow enough creativity, would seem to be more artworking skills to take an existing product and deconstruct it to it's minimal design?

yeh, fair enough greg - spose i just liked the concept of minimalist packaging and want to see more of it! haha

Back