Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promoting on Facebook

Discussion in 'SEO, Social Media & Online Marketing Forum:' started by Printed_com, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Printed_com

Printed_com New Member

Hi Guys,

We were wondering whether many Graphic Designers/Artists promote themselves on Facebook and other social media websites?

I

2. HarryBugg

HarryBugg New Member

If your interested in this look at "The Like Economy" by Brian Carter a no nonsense approach to the process.

3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I use Facebook.

4. I use Twitter.. very rarely use Facebook to advertise anything... I get quite a lot of work through Twitter which is nice :D

5. Rogue

Rogue Junior Member

Interesting, I'm currently looking for new ways of promoting a new business. Bluebird Press .. Other than Twitter, Facebook etc... I'm looking for ways to market us & I'm wondering if I can pick brains for good ideas...?

6. Printed_com

Printed_com New Member

Pinterest would be good but that may come under your etc. Using blogs for keywords would also be a good way to catch people. Also depending on your number of likes on Facebook it would be worth looking in to 'promote' posts on facebook and also use ads on facebook as you can target people well.
    And of course, good old print advertising!!

7. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

Instagram is great for business for me - I've had a couple of leads generated from it. I think because it's so 'instant' and just images - helps when our audience have such dwindling attention spans for digesting this stuff!

8. I find facebook useless for jobs, but twitter is amazing. I have had 3 jobs the past week from there.

9. solopressuk

solopressuk Member

Twitter is great because its an open forum so you'll get exposure in from of people looking for your types of conversation. If you're getting plenty of public replies who want to buy your services then others will notice this busyness and enquire for their own needs.

10. Printed_com

Printed_com New Member

Thats interesting to do you use hastags on Twitter?

11. partho

partho New Member

I use Twitter to promote anything. and I get my client from there

12. Nice one partho, what's your strategy for finding clients from Twitter? What do you think it is that makes them want to message you?

13. Gianluca Teti

Gianluca Teti Member

I have a personal profile and a designer profile on Facebook. I find important to separate these two life aspects; it avoids undesired invasions of private life.

14. Yes... I can imagine. Had some bad experiences then? Care to share? :D

15. Gianluca Teti

Gianluca Teti Member

You know, I think that today it is not even a problem of "not showing you drinking a beer to a potential employer." It is more that there are weirdos who want to look into your business. I envy all the free time they have. My personal account doesn't show anything "compromising" because being edgy is just not part of my personality. But human mind can create monsters where there aren't any, if you know what I mean.

16. Yeah, certainly know what you mean!
    Good call.

17. Janifar

Janifar Member

How you promote in Bluebird Press, how it works. Also how it increases it's traffic, make help by your business. :unsure:

18. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I've got to get back into the whole social media thing but harking back to another thread "Behance".
    It publishes to Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin for you which is nice. :D

19. Janifar

Janifar Member

Is Bluebird Press work as like facebook, twitter or Google+ ??? Or as like Pinterest ? Just how it works or how we can use it for social networking ?

20. Leticia Wren

Leticia Wren New Member

I personally use facebook to promote anything since I feel that it is most widely used by organizations and people so you can can achieve good results.