• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Printing large posters

I was hoping someone could help. I have to design some large posters for a supermarket. Is there a source where I can use large photos and not pay too much? I use Fotolia but it seems their largest images go up to 10inches and I need at least 1m x 1m. Some are up to £175!

Some help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

bigdave

Staff member
Would it be out of the question to take your own photos? If you can shoot in RAW you'll get much better results than anything you download.

It's also worth checking the resolution you actually need. A 30meg file will res up fine for a large poster - don't forget nobody's going to be standing right next to it. Often, large format stuff isn't printed at 300dpi, but more like 150. Sometimes, you set it up half size or a quarter size and they scale it at the printing stage. Check with the printers.

bigdave

Staff member
It's also worth checking the resolution you actually need. A 30meg file will res up fine for a large poster - don't forget nobody's going to be standing right next to it. Often, large format stuff isn't printed at 300dpi, but more like 150. Sometimes, you set it up half size or a quarter size and they scale it at the printing stage. Check with the printers.
Find a Londis shop and look at the stuff in their windows.... If its even 150dpi I'd be amazed!!