Pricing issue

...and ALWAYS get a 50% deposit upfront. That's a standard web business term.
Full payment upon completion, before it goes live.

Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate all your help.

When you do portfolio sites for people, how does the client update the website with further images themselves?

x

Since this is only your 3rd website, and If you're only doing the site design and HTML/CSS coding I think Berrys estimation sounds reasonable. I would charge extra for implementation of any jQuery/Javascript sliders/galleries though.

HippySunshine said:
When you do portfolio sites for people, how does the client update the website with further images themselves?

x

Content Management System (Wordpress (for smaller sites, more of a Micro CMS) Joomla, Drupal, Expression Engine etc.)

You can either show them how with step by step instructions (and warnings that this does not mean they are able to code haha) to edit their code so that the new pictures are included.

Or use some form of script (php) or a content management system (CMS) so that they can put new pictures on their online... like you would for deviantart, facebook, myspace, etc.

HippySunshine said:
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate all your help.

x

Show them how to do it themselves.

Use a CMS.

Or offer them a price for you to maintain the site for them, updating it etc...

Don't under sell yourself!!!

sweet jesus... £150 are you kidding me.. your site is nice and you will have no probs filling the brief!. dont go below £500! if he wants a stylish site to match his photgraphy and expects to pay any less than £500 he's mad!

i would say to create a site that willl complement his business to a level unachievable by any low end design should cost him £750-£1250 for a small site.

In a field like photography his website could make or break him It should be harmonius with his photography and reflect his personality; things that wouldn't be captured by someone looking to create a cheap site.

I feel this is a fairly strong argument for him spending the extra money!

This is 4 weeks old... please don't bring up dead threads. (mikey)

Unless you are the original poster.... (which in this case you aren't)

imo you can bring them up if you want, just not if you're doing it to every old thread (like other newbs have done recently)

:)

Old threads and dead threads are different though, I imagine the price was set before now, and all the answers given were already given. :)

Wasn't complaining about people contributing, the bringing up of dead threads isn't contributing in my opinion. It also allows for others to post replies, like Charles' here.

Nevermind :) I'll not mention it again if it only annoys me.

renniks said:

Didn't think it was dead, or that old as it came up in my new posts thing...

renniks said:

Levi said:
you should visit more often then :p

Haha, well I don't know if there was a person who had posted before and was then deleted or deleted their post.

Anyway i shall make sure I check the post date next time ;)

I think we need to get back on topic to :p

ohnoes necro posting, end of the woooooorld. If it's on topic it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Ironically... this isn't really an on topic post :D

Back