Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Pixels Ink, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I have had a client make the following request:

[FONT=&quot]I am looking for an A2 poster folding to A4 and then into 3 concertina.[/FONT]

Is this possible? Is it like a folded map? And if so has anyone got an example they could show me?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. Arhiann

Arhiann Member

Yes, it's possible (because, even if you can't machine it, you can score, fold and bundle). It's a plate folder job rather than a buckle folder job.

The thing you have to be wary of is crows footing if the material is heavy.

Sorry don't have a sample - I have lots of miniature folding in a similar vein (pharmatceuticals, that kind of thing) but they won't help you. If you had a material in mind that you wanted to use, I could run a sample but unfortunately would have to make a small charge for it.

I've done it on an encapsulated map before, but definitely had to score that.
  3. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Cheers for that,

I was thinking it will probably have to be 135 - 150gsm to allow it to fold. Material would be a gloss stock.

Its basically a marketing leaflet which the client also wants to fold out into a poster so folk can put onto their walls.

Quantity would be in the region of 3000 to 5000.
  4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Extent 24pp leaflet
    Size Finished: DL landscape (H99xW210mm); Flat: A2 portrait (H594xW420mm)
    Quantities 3,000; 5,000
    Origination Print-ready PDF
    Colours Both sides: 4-colour process; with bleed
    Materials 130gsm Gloss Art
    Finishes/finishing Creased, Folded (simple fold, then simple fold, then 2 roll folds); Trimmed to size
    Packaging Bulk-packed on standard double entry pallets
    Delivery Delivered to 1 unspecified address

3,000 £695
    5,000 £865

5. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Thats ace mate :) I don't suppose you have a sample of something like that you could post out to me?

Happy to pay for postage.

6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I don't sorry Col, we hardly ever have jobs like that to be honest, hence no samples, doing it isn't a problem mind.
  7. Arhiann

Arhiann Member

3000 - £510
    5000 - £680

You would be better off with a map fold though
  8. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Yeah, thats what i was thinking.