Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please give advice on my new logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by huntbeachapp, Jul 1, 2016.

1. huntbeachapp

huntbeachapp New Member

Guys, I am new to designing Can you give me advice on how to improve my skills.Here is the logo I made for appliance repair website. Logo
  2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Best to post your image directly to the forum rather than posting to a linked image.
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Is it supposed to be a house roof with chimney?
  4. huntbeachapp

huntbeachapp New Member

Yeah it's for appliance repair website
  5. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Not feeling it really, a roofer or builder would use this sort of image.
  6. hankscorpio

I'm not feeling the typography of this either, it's way off.

Plus, the logo mark looks like a guy bent over backwards with an erection... just sayin...
  7. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Freudian feedback?
  8. hankscorpio

More so phallic feedback. I like playing catchprase, say what you see, as Roy would say.
  9. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Do a lot of research into the field you are designing your logo for, look at other logo design from this field and other similar fields to gain inspiration, see what works and what doesn't work so well. What type of fonts are used? Do they work well? What would work better? How is the typography handled? What does the logo design need to convey? What emotive does it need to depict? What is it about the company that stands out that could be represented in the logo design? So on and so forth. You get the idea... Aim to design something specific for the website in question, as opposed to something generic that could be used for any website in any industry.
  10. Tarling Design

Tarling Design New Member

I agree it looks more like a roofer/construction to me. Carl's advice is spot on. Would love to see the developments after all the feedback! Good luck!