Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic/Die cut business cards...

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by bonsdes, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Am looking at designs for a client who wants a 'comb' business card (Hair & Beauty Co.) They found a picture of a card one but I'm sure that'd be useless after 2 mins in a wallet/purse. Looked at metal & wood but there's about 15 staff who will need them so cost was well into the £1,000s for a couple of hundred each. Struggling to find a UK printer that does plastic as an option - also thinking of another idea based on a clear plastic card but again, only seem to find translucent ones…anyone any recommendations based in UK?

Cheers.

2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Why not look for some small combs and get them hot foil printed?.

3. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Cheers Dave, yeah I did have a look but they wanted something much more card like, there's no rush (yet!) so will keep searching!

4. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

5. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

6. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Cheers Scotty…nice..but yes, they want 250 each.
    Was working out at nearly £5,000 for metal ones…a tad much for business cards!!

7. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

and those look good to but I'm staying in the UK…have not had best experiences with China in the past but handy to show UK suppliers. Cheers

8. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I don't think any of the plastic card companies will be able to die-cut these to look like a comb, the prongs would be too thin.

bigdave and bonsdes like this.
  9. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Have you looked into laser cuting card?

10. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Yeah, it's an option but they could easily damage unless pretty thick…it's the last resort if client isn't looking to spend several grand on metal! - or i'll have some
    other back up ideas that are a bit more practical / cost effective.

11. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I did some laser cut wood things for a client.
    They were shoe shapes for pre-schoolers to lace up.
    They can laser etch graphics onto the wood as well.
    I've seen "comb cards" done using the same technique on Pinterest.

12. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Yep, seen them & spoken to suppliers, works out around £250/£300 per person x 15 people = £3750 / £4500 which I think they may well freak out at! We shall see…. :)

Attached Files: