Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal rebranding time

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Wee Jimmy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

It's that time again, been doodling on and off for a bit. Was never happy with using Helvetica on my website, happy enough with the sillhouette for twitter ( but i've since retired the trilby as I now need specs :p
    I think it conveys my personality better than any of the other sketches and I'm pretty happy with the way the type turned out

Attached Files:

• m1.png
      File size:
      62.7 KB
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

first thoughts.... anyone for chinese - it's the foo manchu style facial hair and the choice of red which a very 'chinese' colour
    second thought.... not sure I like the top bridge on the glasses, it's a bit over powering and being a fellow glasses wearer a double bridge is quite rare these days
  3. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

Thanks Levi, Fair points, however
    The red is "my colour" so to speak
    I DO wear double bridgers
    My beard is THAT full these days (a 'tache is for life, not just for movember)
    MY initial oh sh** moment was when I first vectored it up and thought, bugger me I'm hulk hogan :p
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

actually now that you mention it, change the colour to yellow mr hogan :p
    Don't get me wrong about the red, I've got no issue with red, I use a shade of red in my branding but it's just the combination of the red and facial hair that gives it a chinese restaurant vibe.
  5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

It does have a very Chinese vibe about it. I don't think the text is helping matters. It feels less like a Chinese restaurant on the black and white versions.