Personal rebranding time

Wee Jimmy

It's that time again, been doodling on and off for a bit. Was never happy with using Helvetica on my website, happy enough with the sillhouette for twitter (https://twitter.com/Jim_maitland) but i've since retired the trilby as I now need specs :p
I think it conveys my personality better than any of the other sketches and I'm pretty happy with the way the type turned out

Attachments

• m1.png
    m1.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 59
first thoughts.... anyone for chinese - it's the foo manchu style facial hair and the choice of red which a very 'chinese' colour
second thought.... not sure I like the top bridge on the glasses, it's a bit over powering and being a fellow glasses wearer a double bridge is quite rare these days

Levi said:
first thoughts.... anyone for chinese - it's the foo manchu style facial hair and the choice of red which a very 'chinese' colour
second thought.... not sure I like the top bridge on the glasses, it's a bit over powering and being a fellow glasses wearer a double bridge is quite rare these days
Thanks Levi, Fair points, however
The red is "my colour" so to speak
I DO wear double bridgers
My beard is THAT full these days (a 'tache is for life, not just for movember)
MY initial oh sh** moment was when I first vectored it up and thought, bugger me I'm hulk hogan :p

actually now that you mention it, change the colour to yellow mr hogan :p
Don't get me wrong about the red, I've got no issue with red, I use a shade of red in my branding but it's just the combination of the red and facial hair that gives it a chinese restaurant vibe.

It does have a very Chinese vibe about it. I don't think the text is helping matters. It feels less like a Chinese restaurant on the black and white versions.

Back