Personal Logo Idea

Jordan said:
Hello just got a bit of time so thought would play around with some variations of the logo. tried some other colours too just trying to get the shape nailed down first could use different colours to suit the purpose of the brand ect..
2q2pf6c.jpg
Have you tried positioning the text within the crown (reversed out), extending the bottom part.

I really like this idea, it's a good concept!

One criticism though, I never really saw the negative spacing, even after it was pointed out. Probably because I was still half asleep at the time, but now that I can see it I understand why. The proportions of the pencil are way out, at least in your first one. I think you've realised this though as in your second attempts you have enlarged the triangle. I am wondering though if it might look more natural still if you reduce the crown to 3 points instead of 4. You could also fix (reduce) the tracking between the K, I and N which would also help with the overall proportion. I would definitely stick to the curved crown as well, the third (furthest right) crown looks the best to me.

As for using the term creative I don't personally mind it, however from a clients point of view it is a bit vague and as others have stated, you might want to use something a bit more specific. Design or designs would work well.

EDIT: Damnit, stop bringing up old posts!

Clever. i like this.

Bit of tweaking on your type and its a big thumbs up from me.

Always like a good use of negative space and a simple clever idea well executed.

No doubt logo concept is really innovative! I think font could be used better. It seems like mission something.

Quite a vague comparison in my opinion. By that logic anyone using the shape of a pencil would have to start worrying about copyright infringement, as that is the only real link between the two. It's not like the student awards of Lincoln University is a world renowned brand, or even organisation, either. There are over 4.5 million companies in the UK, I'm sure if someone looked, even briefly, they would find a large number of 'similar' designs.

Remember that brands can only be registered or trademarked for a specific industry sector or region, of which the two in case are entirely different.

Now looking at the D&AD award I can see the comparison. I suppose you can relate all design to something as everyday we are influenced by the things we see.

Merito - when you say the type is missing something would you be able to give me some thoughts on what you would do? The idea behind this typeface was to adhere to my research project based on doodling so thought this typeface fit the purpose. Any ideas on improving this logo are welcome. :D

Back