Personal Logo - Concept

Right, I thought about butter, and found a butter swirl??
pnkr.jpg

I mocked this up an hour before dinner!
butterswirlmockup.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2190797/butterswirlmockup.jpg
I dunno if I am going the right way with this. This logo is very rough by the way, illustrator skills aren't too hot! Any feedback greatly appreciated...

I like it, more than the previous one, especially as you've highlighted it in the type colours too. Not 100% sure about the swirl. But it's a big improvement! :)

(although ... every time I see one of your posts it reminds me of a local café that does amazing cakes, called the buttery .... dammit I'm hungry now :( )

Mike, that's definitely getting somewhere. This makes me smile and instantly links that logo with your name.

Your decision to make "BUTTERY" orange is a great idea and reinforces the logo and also adds a nice bit of left/right balance to the overall mark.

"GRAPHIC DESIGN" still looks a little unresolved and you might want to play with the size/tracking a little more.

And one more thing. I don't know if you intended this or not, but if you look closely enough, there's a definite G or B in the logo. If you could resolve this a little more to be a B, that would pretty much seal the deal with this logo.

I like the direction too, I'd go for just 2 shades in the butter I think as well, one for the outside and one for the inside shadow section

It has a really nice charm if you can extend the brand idea as suggested, into other areas then it a winner. Look great out of black....... also look at putting the graphic at the top - its a long line length

I would use a simple outline of a butterfly, I know your names not butterfly but that would make your name Buttery more memorable. Kind of reverse psychology, but I do like the butter swirl too :D

Tom Sound said:
I would use a simple outline of a butterfly, I know your names not butterfly but that would make your name Buttery more memorable. Kind of reverse psychology, but I do like the butter swirl too :D

Na, completely disagree on that one. One too many steps and link.
Great Branding is based on ONE thing - Repetition. Repetition. Repetition. Repetition.

It's the only psychology..... That;s why we hum trite tunes we don't like. It's constant exposure to the same repetitious message. K.I.S.S

yeah you're right , that does make sense. I was thinking along the lines of a play on words sticking in the mind, but you can't beat the obvious, as you say keep it simple

:)

I really like the track you've started going down. Keep pushing it.
I would suggest experimenting with utter simplicity and not using a gradient. It might give the logo a bit more strength.

thanks for this post guys, this is my first experience of a designforums work crit that has evolved and made progress right in front of my eyes. its really inspiring stuff to see all the creative ideas being bounced around and to watch the progression from mikes first idea to his latest version is just awesome.
________
Live sex

I really like the new idea with the butter swirl, it's not 100% clear what it is as it could be seen as other things, but to me that gives it a nice edge, means people have to think about it for a second or two, which will help re-enforce your logo so they remember it.

It's 10x better than your original idea, the original idea has been done to death lately, i've seen about 5 logo's for companies in the last few weeks

no its for all of october as its part of our monthly avatar theme series :)

Back