Personal Logo - Concept

It sounded a bit ridiculous at first but I like the outcome :up:
Oh and the orange-y color is much better than the yellow imo.

It's certainly getting better! Still a few tweaks in there though, but you're starting to develop a cracking identity in my opinion.

• Liking the 2 separate fonts and think the rounded font is the way to go for your name as you've done.
  • A good choice to change the font for the 'Graphic Designer', it's not perfect and is probably the weakest part of the design for me but it does the job. Something to tinker with if you've got a spare hour or two.
  • Colour wise I think somewhere between the two you've got at the moment would be better, but it's not far off. Agree with Onartis if it was a straight choice between the orange and yellow I'd go for the orange, it seems a lot warmer than the colder yellow.

davewill - Both the yellows are the same now, i prefer it

Levi - I just prefer the logo on white, it helps with the highlighted areas, and I likely to print on white paper.

It sounded a bit ridiculous at first but I like the outcome :up:

Haha, very ridiculous, but you guys have pushed me on this, so I thank you all.

Fred - Colour is now inbetween the 2 yellow colours I have used previously.

More revisions, nothing huge, but I think its getting closer...

butterswirlfional3a.jpg

Its time for the weekend, I am off to celebrate my first paying client since my contract, and work on business cards and website revamp, again thanks all, I will get back to any feedback later!

I'm a fan. Just check the kerning, the I_K in Mike and B_U in Buttery springs to mind, needs to be a little more consistent :up:

I prefer the original Gill Sans font. The current one is one design feature too many in my opinion. Ying and Yan, Chalk and Cheese. Oooops nearly forgot......... Don't be a sucka for the butter fool!

Regarding your latest revision (Post 63):

Logo shape: Check.

Logo colour: Check.

VAG Rounded: Check.
Suggestion: The removal of the space between "Mike" and "Buttery" in Greg's version is a good idea. It means that the logo can't 'fall' through your name.

Logo size: A little too big.
Suggestion: Resize ever so slightly smaller. Also, print your logo at sizes from 2cm in width to 10cm in width. You'll see that your logo starts to slightly dominate your type a little too much. It looks better online because it's big, but in print it'll never be used at the same size (i.e. business cards).

"Graphic Designer" font: Definitely not Myriad (assuming it is Myriad).
Suggestion: Something a little wider that fills the same amount of space.

It's fantastic to see this identity evolving and your willingness to take people's comments on board has really paid off. Nice one! Look how far you've come:

Cheers for all the comments guys!

I quite like the VAG font, so I am gonna stick with it, taking all the comments onboard, I feel this is the final revision (third time I have said it!!)

butterswirlfinal4duo.jpg

If anyone wants to add any feedback, or suggest any font changes, greatly appreciated...

Further to this, I am working on a website revamp (matching branding) and my business cards, but I have no idea what to put on the backside of the cards! Anyone?

I like it Mike.. but I still feel that the first one needs the text in black.. I think the grey makes it looked washed out :( but other than that I like it :)

This post was so interesting to read. Agree with everyone else that its so good how you can all bounce ideas off of each other and come out with a better end result.

Love the final logo! And now i really want some fish and chips with bread and butter... grrrr

Looking good. It's been nice to see the process evolving :) I kinda agree on the making the text black though, but in the end its up to you.

In honour of your logo I went here on Saturday The Buttery - Lymington :D Well not really in honour of, I just craved cream tea and scones :(

I prefer the grey too, think the black would be a bit too harsh, although I have a thing for colour combinations with a bright colour and grey, look at this place for the prime example of that! :p

As for the reverse of a business card how about some toast, no butter, just toast :D

"Freelance graphic designer" looks too busy. Use "Graphic Designer". I'd like to see a few typeface variations for it so we can help you decide which one to use.

Back