Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old G4 Powermac

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by Craig.5br, May 14, 2010.

1. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

Hello,

I have a old mac which is sitting in the loft and seeing the thread about backing up got me thinking... I already have a external HD but I have a old mac not doing anything, is there away of connecting this to my macbook so I could use this as a type of server just to store my work on?

2. does your old mac have a network card? If so you could make a Mac Network and use it like a server :) you may want to upgrade the harddrive to make it more useful :) but still a good idea :) (also you would need to probably upgrade the OS too :))

3. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

agghh this might turn out to be more complicated as I first thought :) maybe I will just buy a bigger external HD ha!

4. or... if you have a static IP available to you from your ISP you could set up a web server with it :) though this would also need upgrading the machine possibly :)

5. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

Ha! think I will stick to getting a new HD :D

Oh by the way Chris, I'm giving blood for the first time tomorrow because of your signature strip :up:

6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Bang the old machine on eBay.

I'm a long time blood donor...badges and everything.

Things I do for tea and a biccie.

7. Good on ya Craig :)

Actually I have the give blood in my signature strip to help out Jazajay :)

8. Craig.5br

Craig.5br Member

Who is Jazajay? is he someone on this forum?

Typo: Ha! I have heard about the Tea and biscuits... they better be Chocolate Hobnobs for a added sugar intake or I will be taking my own next time :D