Old G4 Powermac

James976

Hello,

I have a old mac which is sitting in the loft and seeing the thread about backing up got me thinking... I already have a external HD but I have a old mac not doing anything, is there away of connecting this to my macbook so I could use this as a type of server just to store my work on?

does your old mac have a network card? If so you could make a Mac Network and use it like a server :) you may want to upgrade the harddrive to make it more useful :) but still a good idea :) (also you would need to probably upgrade the OS too :))

agghh this might turn out to be more complicated as I first thought :) maybe I will just buy a bigger external HD ha!

or... if you have a static IP available to you from your ISP you could set up a web server with it :) though this would also need upgrading the machine possibly :)

Ha! think I will stick to getting a new HD :D

Oh by the way Chris, I'm giving blood for the first time tomorrow because of your signature strip :up:

Bang the old machine on eBay.

I'm a long time blood donor...badges and everything.

Things I do for tea and a biccie.

Good on ya Craig :)

Actually I have the give blood in my signature strip to help out Jazajay :)

Who is Jazajay? is he someone on this forum?

Typo: Ha! I have heard about the Tea and biscuits... they better be Chocolate Hobnobs for a added sugar intake or I will be taking my own next time :D

Back