Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no-so-new work

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by matt, Nov 10, 2009.

1. matt

matt Member

Latest, but to that new any more—I went away for a few weeks right after finishing this and I've only just got back.

Matt Simmonds' Work | Sleepercurve

Shot entirely on Canon's amazing 5D MK2 (it's the future of motion graphics I tell ya!) and all for the paltry budget of £1000.

2. gasmarktasty

gasmarktasty Junior Member

Got a lot of time for this, looks great! Only thing i don't like funnily enough is the quality of the carrot on the site with the kinda greyish shadow visible, other than that, bon aper tit!!

3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Wow Awesome work Matt

4. Becky

Becky Member

Ohmy, it's brilliant. Songs not bad either :)

5. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah some really nice work :)

6. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Nice work Matt, I completely agree with you on the video front, came across this not so long ago:

Canon Digital Learning Center - Sample EOS 5D Mark II Video: Reverie

Made me want to trade in my video camera and EOS 40D to get the 5D MK2 (two birds, one stone :D). How many different lenses did you use to shoot that?

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

suggesting a thred jump to equipment...follow me folks.

sweet video by the way. site looks a little arkward, the spacing because of the carrot doesnt sit right with me. but still sweet vid.

8. matt

matt Member

Just one lens: 70 - 200mm zoom with a very low aperture (2.6 or something).

9. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Just the one, cool :up:

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Nice work Matt, like the editing, speed of cuts with the rhythm, works really well :up:

11. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Can I ask what the £1000 actually went on? I'm really curious. I'd love to know how it gets broken down.

12. matt

matt Member

Obviously I can't post the actual budget, but it disappears very quickly on things like:
    camera hire
    lighting
    studio/location
    travel
    insurance
    catering
    producer's fee
    sound designer's fee
    delivery requirements (final transfer to master tape)
    I also put some motion tracking software in the budget as I needed it for the bit when the robot stands in his hand—£150 worth of software for use in about 3 seconds of footage!