no-so-new work

matt

Latest, but to that new any more—I went away for a few weeks right after finishing this and I've only just got back.

Matt Simmonds' Work | Sleepercurve

Shot entirely on Canon's amazing 5D MK2 (it's the future of motion graphics I tell ya!) and all for the paltry budget of £1000.

Got a lot of time for this, looks great! Only thing i don't like funnily enough is the quality of the carrot on the site with the kinda greyish shadow visible, other than that, bon aper tit!!

matt said:
Shot entirely on Canon's amazing 5D MK2 (it's the future of motion graphics I tell ya!) and all for the paltry budget of £1000.

Nice work Matt, I completely agree with you on the video front, came across this not so long ago:

Canon Digital Learning Center - Sample EOS 5D Mark II Video: Reverie

Made me want to trade in my video camera and EOS 40D to get the 5D MK2 (two birds, one stone :D). How many different lenses did you use to shoot that?

suggesting a thred jump to equipment...follow me folks.

sweet video by the way. site looks a little arkward, the spacing because of the carrot doesnt sit right with me. but still sweet vid.

Can I ask what the £1000 actually went on? I'm really curious. I'd love to know how it gets broken down.

Obviously I can't post the actual budget, but it disappears very quickly on things like:
camera hire
lighting
studio/location
travel
insurance
catering
producer's fee
sound designer's fee
delivery requirements (final transfer to master tape)
I also put some motion tracking software in the budget as I needed it for the bit when the robot stands in his hand—£150 worth of software for use in about 3 seconds of footage!

Back