New to iPhone - Any must have Apps?

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Finally upgraded my Blackberry to an iPhone 4....and loving it. Just wondering if there are any must have apps that you recommend, anything you can't do without?

Currently have Facebook and "Torch" which as you guessed switches on my camera flash to use as a torch lol :icon_biggrin:

I use the 'Sky News' app a lot and if you have Sky +, the 'Sky+' app is great if your out and suddenly remember there's a show on you want to watch but forgot to set your box to record it! Other good apps are 'Dropbox' for file transfer and 'What The Font' which is a great font recognition app so if you come across some typeface you like but don't know what it is, take a picture of it and What The Font will try and work out what it is. I've used it loads and it nearly always gets the font right!

Best thing of all, they're all free!

Jon

ATM Hunter comes in useful.

If you're into your sports then for £5 a month you can buy Sky Sports, Sky News and ESPN for your iphone.

All of the social media apps are really good too.

Just out of interest, as a blackberry user for the last 2 years my push e-mail was almost instant, with my iphone 4 sometimes they are within a few minutes of an email being sent and other times there can be 20 minutes with no e-mails, any ideas what the situation is with this?

I've also found that it isn't as consistent as the Blackberries. I guess that's why the Blackberries are so great for email.

I think you can somehow edit the refresh rate of the push. But that doesn't explain the inconsistency of timings.

mmm may have to have a look online about this, that's what I liked with my blackberry that e-mails were pushed instantly, must be a fix somewhere.

mmm may have to have a look online about this, that's what I liked with my blackberry that e-mails were pushed instantly, must be a fix somewhere.

dont forget the blackberries are a business phone, made usable to compete with the iPhone on the mass market, emails will always be better on the berries.

But i have my 3GS check for mail every minute, no reason why isnt the same for the 4, and if its not.....

There's an App for that

Games:
Angry birds, Cut the rope, paper toss, doodlejump, zynga poker, Sonic 1, words with friends,

Utilities:
BBC News, Sky+, Tesco Clubcard, eBay, Dexigner, Met Office

Networking:
Osfoora (twitter), LinkedIn, Tapatalk, PingChat,

Entertainment:
TuneInRadio, TVCatchup (you'll need to google this one and sign up on the website to download the bookmark (it is free thou))

Photography:
Hipstamatic, Pro HDR, LOMO,

Design:
Typography Junkies, Colours, Sketch Me, PS Express, Pano, Colour Splash

Thanks everyone, actually sending my iPhone back today as I'm really dissapointed with it. As a business user who receives 70+ e-mails a day the iPhone is pretty poor if I am honest compared to my old BB.

The iPhone is great for internet browsing, apps and music but for business the BB beats it hands down.

Thanks everyone, actually sending my iPhone back today as I'm really dissapointed with it. As a business user who receives 70+ e-mails a day the iPhone is pretty poor if I am honest compared to my old BB.

The iPhone is great for internet browsing, apps and music but for business the BB beats it hands down.

NNNOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!

Kept it in the end, I just couldn't say goodbye to Angry Birds lol, connected to my wireless network at work where I am 99% of the time and it works much better now.

Back