New Portfolio Site

um my only problem is the message box at the bottom, its very large in relation to the rest of the page (its alot wider). It might just be my browser...

Your code is very poor/insemantic - you shouldn't force new windows and classes like yellow are just plain bad I'm afriad.
Images are missing alt attributes and you use the br tag incorrectly. Also, a lot of text is uncontained. You need something around each piece of text (heading, paragraph etc).

Saying that, all the work is contained in a paragraph, this should be a div.

yeh, i haven't started coding it properly, i just wanted to know if you guys liked the look of it at the mo :)

i'm constantly changing small things, like the form, for some reason it keeps f'ing up on me. thanks for the quick replies!

Its just the width, is it being controlled by CSS or by a form builder?

not a form builder, but those weren't the problems i was getting; i'm getting the problems before i upload the file, so you guys wont see it.

ahhh ok :) are you building it all in Wordpress like a good boy? :lol:

nope, neverrrr!

haven't yet got my head totally around it, have downloaded that wordpress rockstar pdf thing to see what i've missed tho :p

ahhh come on Timbo .. Wordpress is bloody easy to use and set up.. you should run it with it :) trust me its a winner .. Monster :monster:

Monster :monster:

Fail.

ahhh come on Timbo .. Wordpress is bloody easy to use and set up.. you should run it with it trust me its a winner

Well if someone wants to show me how to make that exact layout (or better) with Wordpress, feel free, otherwise, naahh :p

tim-ater said:
yeh, i haven't started coding it properly, i just wanted to know if you guys liked the look of it at the mo :)

i'm constantly changing small things, like the form, for some reason it keeps fucking up on me. thansk for the quick replies!

Ah okay bud. In that case I quite like it. I'd add a jump nav on the right, balance it a bit more. And also, change your title to:

HTML:
<title>timmp &mdash; the online portfolio for the West Midlands based web and graphic designer</title>

tim-ater said:
Fail.
well if someone wants to show me how to make that exact layout (or better) with Wordpress, feel free, otherwise, naahh :p

I was desperately trying to find a picture of the monster from the fast show to go with that post :lol:

I will have a look at my wordpress stuff Timbo and come back to you :)

awesome, thanks Christatopheles.

any more suggestions anyone?

am thinking of changing the pink/red to a super light grey (as suggested by Jack :D), anything else? am currently adding anchors so it's easier to navigate too

I'm not too sure about the bright blue for the content area; personally i would get rid of the blue nad make the headings blue instead... also it might be worth adding some "to top of page" links, as the scrolling is a bit annoying...

yarsh, sorry in the previous post i didnt explain it properly, that's just what i'm getting onto :)

about the blue; oh right, cool, what would you say would fit then for the main content...?

tim-ater said:
haha, have added an anti-ie6 toolbar to it for ie6 users :p

IE6 Update

Wanna be careful doing that, it's very underhand.

EDIT: I see you've updated a lot of your code, you still need to rename the classes that are named after colours.

And replace this:

HTML:
<a name="top"></a><h1><b>timmp</b> - Web and Graphic Designer</h1>

with this:

HTML:
<h1 id="top"><strong>timmp</strong> &mdash; Web and Graphic Designer</h1>

More correct way of achieving (even more than) what you wanted.

Back