Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Personal Business Card

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by theinstagator, Aug 18, 2011.

1. theinstagator

theinstagator New Member

Hi all,

Been coming on here a while now and have found this a great place to interact with like-minded people. I have moved to a new city and thought it was time for a new business card design. I would really appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer for the attached, you know graphics, wordling etc. Thanks in advance :icon_smile:

Attached Files:

2. willfu

willfu Member

I think its a bit too busy, there's quite a few elements that are fighting with each other. For impact you have a really vibrant gradient, then the large logo, then the fairly large dark bold type along with a large vector illustrative graphic. I dont think its working together at the moment.
  3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Entirely personal opinion but those art nouveau swirls have had their moment, I reckon.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Not keen at all. I generally dislike neon colours - on anything. And like the above poster, art nouveau swirls are very old. The 2 don't really go together either.

The logo shape is alright, I think you could do something a lot simpler. A quieter colour, no colour at all maybe.
  5. linziloop

linziloop Member

If you're going along the sustainable design route you really need to choose better colours - neon green does not say "Eco friendly", it needs to be toned down, a lot. Agree with the others about their comments on the swirls, they have had their day and I can see how you were probably trying to go along the organic shapes route, but it's a little bit of an obvious choice.

For a sustainable design business card I would think about the paper stock you're printing on, the amount of ink you're using, and if you want to get a more organic feel in there without sticking on a picture of a tree or whatever, how about doing something a little more subtle like rounded corners?

I'm not sure rounded corners would be worth while. For a start he'd have to pay more to have the corners die-cut off.

I agree with the above poster on materials though. Find an uncoated paper stock - some printers like Moo do an environmental option I believe - and focus totally on typography. You don't need imagery, you don't need colour.

An uncoated card with your name and details would look lovely. You could even find a printer than uses environmentally friendly - natural inks. Vegetable inks I think they're called? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  7. linziloop

linziloop Member

Yep, I would recommend the recycled option from moo, they also do a version with rounded corners for not much more cost, and I love that you can have a different design on one side of every card, meaning you can create a nice little "set" and have people choose their fave, I like that little bit of interaction :icon_biggrin:

Yea thats pretty cool. 50 different front images I think for no more cost than 1!
  9. linziloop

linziloop Member

Yeah I used that option when doing the business cards for my linziloop handmade business:

10. linziloop

linziloop Member

Sorry just hijacking the thread there haha!

Very nice. Can't beat a bit of Moo.
  12. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Also, those greens won't print. Unless you use a fluorescent special.