New Personal Business Card

theinstagator

Hi all,

Been coming on here a while now and have found this a great place to interact with like-minded people. I have moved to a new city and thought it was time for a new business card design. I would really appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer for the attached, you know graphics, wordling etc. Thanks in advance :icon_smile:

Gareth

Attachments

• Sus Front Crop.jpg
    Sus Front Crop.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Sus Back Crop.jpg
    Sus Back Crop.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 43
I think its a bit too busy, there's quite a few elements that are fighting with each other. For impact you have a really vibrant gradient, then the large logo, then the fairly large dark bold type along with a large vector illustrative graphic. I dont think its working together at the moment.

Not keen at all. I generally dislike neon colours - on anything. And like the above poster, art nouveau swirls are very old. The 2 don't really go together either.

The logo shape is alright, I think you could do something a lot simpler. A quieter colour, no colour at all maybe.

If you're going along the sustainable design route you really need to choose better colours - neon green does not say "Eco friendly", it needs to be toned down, a lot. Agree with the others about their comments on the swirls, they have had their day and I can see how you were probably trying to go along the organic shapes route, but it's a little bit of an obvious choice.

For a sustainable design business card I would think about the paper stock you're printing on, the amount of ink you're using, and if you want to get a more organic feel in there without sticking on a picture of a tree or whatever, how about doing something a little more subtle like rounded corners?

I'm not sure rounded corners would be worth while. For a start he'd have to pay more to have the corners die-cut off.

I agree with the above poster on materials though. Find an uncoated paper stock - some printers like Moo do an environmental option I believe - and focus totally on typography. You don't need imagery, you don't need colour.

An uncoated card with your name and details would look lovely. You could even find a printer than uses environmentally friendly - natural inks. Vegetable inks I think they're called? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure rounded corners would be worth while. For a start he'd have to pay more to have the corners die-cut off.

I agree with the above poster on materials though. Find an uncoated paper stock - some printers like Moo do an environmental option I believe - and focus totally on typography. You don't need imagery, you don't need colour.

An uncoated card with your name and details would look lovely. You could even find a printer than uses environmentally friendly - natural inks. Vegetable inks I think they're called? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, I would recommend the recycled option from moo, they also do a version with rounded corners for not much more cost, and I love that you can have a different design on one side of every card, meaning you can create a nice little "set" and have people choose their fave, I like that little bit of interaction :icon_biggrin:

Yea thats pretty cool. 50 different front images I think for no more cost than 1!

Yeah I used that option when doing the business cards for my linziloop handmade business:

linziloop-handmade-buisiness-card-designs.jpg

Back