Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Inspired, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Inspired

Inspired New Member

Hi (This isn't a job request)

I've been asked to design a graphic for a book publication (not ebook) that will be used on subsequent books by the same author.

It has to be about an inch in diameter printed size.

I'm unsure what to price it at? Can anyone give me an idea how much I should charge?

2. matobo

matobo Member

An inch in diameter? Are you sure? :icon_eek:
  3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Your hourly rate x how long it will take to do.
  4. Inspired

Inspired New Member

Thanks for the replies!

Yep an inch in diameter... I thought it sounded a bit on the large side too but its what the client asked for.

With regards to the hourly rate x time... I'm not sure how long it will take to do and was after a rough ballpark figure?
  5. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Am i missing something here? An inch in diamter a bit on the large side? maybe if i was ladybird haha
  6. Inspired

Inspired New Member

Hahaha sorry... the graphic isn't the actual cover design :icon_tongue_smilie:

It is just a graphic to display a credential
  7. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

You are the one that knows how you work, and how long it takes you to do certain things - like the research, the skteches etc etc. Can you break tht process down into a timetable for yourself so you can judge how long it'll take? i.e. - I'll spend 1 hour researching, 3 hours sketching initial ideas etc.