My logo, whaddaya think

A nice few here, the progression is going well, keep developing those ideas. Any examples of your work Louise...? It would be a lot easier to see what would suit you most.

Wow thanks everyone, I was feeling a bit discouraged about this but your feedback has picked me right back up - thank you!! As for posting some of my work there's nothing that great to put up yet as I have had a bit of a rubbish job for last 2-3 years but been doing some stuff for charities and friends too. My website portfolio will be a little shaky to start with but hopefully will build up a good portfolio in time. I will probably bug everyone with my stationary soon, thanks again for the help.

Stationary is coming on but slightly dull, so have added another element that can be used with logo or separately. Have kept orange square theme like dots on i's. Does it work?? Attached example comp slip to see how they could work together.Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 23
I liked your third logo with the stars - as long as the stars suit your character then I would keep them.

I worry that the typography is a little too similar to countless other small design studios - I have designed a few logos very similar to yours over the years.

You should ask yourself some simple questions to help determine what your logo needs to represent - What is your design style? Does your typographic logo represent what you do? Do you have any illustrative skills?

If the logo fits you then you are on to a winner, if it does not represent you then you need to look again - you want to offer something different from everyone else - you must be true to yourself :)

Thanks Nick that's very helpful. I decided the 'h' logo isn't really needed and to just go with the type one. I'm glad you liked the stars, I also thought it added something a bit different and represented me better. I think I will look into some different typefaces, I like the one you have used on your website. Is there a site you would recommend for good typefaces? There are so many about it could take years to look through them! Overall though I will stick with roughly what i have got otherwise I will never ever get to work, I guess logos can be tweaked over time! Thanks for your help, i feel I am almost there now.

We use Museo for our logo - it's available for free in 3 weights and an additional 4 weights (roughly) if you want to purchase the complete family.

Below are a few sites for free fonts - no shortcut to finding a decent one, you will have to trawl through them ;)

Which ever you choose, ensure you have a few weights to play with to give you some flexibility.

Free Fonts - Fonts.com

1001 Free Fonts - Download Free Fonts for Windows and Macintosh

Free Fonts - Free Font Download - Cool Fonts | Urbanfonts.com

Good 'ol Museo :)

If you don't find anything quite right in the Freebies, sometimes the 'specials' section of My Fonts has some good prices one some fabulous fonts. If nothing else it gives you food for thought

Special Offers MyFonts

Back